Learning Opportunities for the Seniors Sector
Findings from a Literature Review on Social Isolation, Loneliness and Older Adults During COVID-19
- What interventions has your community used or know of that addressed social isolation in older adults during COVID-19?
- How can we harness technology as a tool to address social isolation rather than further exacerbate the digital divide?
- What would you like to see included in a guide on implementing and/or adapting interventions addressing social isolation and loneliness in older adults?
For more information and to register, click here.
People, Practice, and Transformational Change
Systemic Racism and Indigenous Communities in Alberta
Executive Directory Mentorship Program
How to Interview Your Data - and Elevate Your Nonprofit's Mission
- Learn how to interview, troubleshoot, and parse data to increase organizational effectiveness and drive strategic direction.
- Receive detailed guidance on how to identify the patterns that tell your organization's stories.
- Go deep on how specific case studies can provide templates for visualization and storytelling with data.
- Equip yourself with tools and resources to make data-driven communication easier to achieve.
Nonprofit Technology Learning Centre
The Technology Learning Center by Tech Impact is an expansive collection of nonprofit educational resources that can help your organization with all things tech! From infographics to fundraising campaigns, this resource collection has the information your organization needs to excel in the digital landscape.
Intercultural Competency Training Program (ICTP)
Multicultural Health Brokers Co-op (MCHB)
Various dates, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: Edmonton Intercultural Centre (9538 107 Avenue)
$300 per workshop; cohort pricing available
Four workshops are offered multiple times throughout the year:
- Foundations for Intercultural Practice
- Pre-Migration Context: Role Changes and the Influence of Culture on Refugee Families
- PTSD, Trauma and Strategies to work with affected Newcomer Individuals and Families
- From Colonialism to Interculturalism: Shifting Dynamics of Power
The workshops are based on the Multicultural Health Brokers’ collective knowledge, practice, and experience gained by working as multicultural community health workers and cultural brokers for the past 25 years. The workshops build not just on awareness, but on deepening understanding, empathy and acceptance leading towards behavioural change. This is the perfect space to ask those hard questions and evolve your skills in an environment of mutual respect, safety, constructive and collaborative problem-solving, and reciprocity of learning.
Family Caregiver Wellness Workshops
Challenging Racism Through Community Conversations
ARCHIVED or ON-DEMAND WEBINARS
Webinar Series on Combatting Ageism
In January, February, and March of 2019 the International Federation on Ageing hosted three webinars focusing on the topic of combatting ageism. The recordings and presentation slides are now available:
Webinar 1: Human Rights of Older Persons and Agenda 2030
Webinar 2: Combating ageism to improve access to employment
Webinar 3: Campaigning: The best way to address ageism?
Reframing the Conversation on Elder Abuse
This online course will help advocates working on the issue of elder abuse communicate more effectively. The course offers an extensive online learning experience and step-by-step guidance with video lectures, animations, quizzes, and downloadable resources--all designed to help advocates increase support for policies to address and prevent elder abuse. The course will give advocates tools to:
- Reframe elder abuse as a matter of social justice
- Explain how our current social structure fosters isolation, which allows elder abuse to go unnoticed and unchallenged
- Demonstrate how restructuring our communities, by providing access to transportation and other public services, can address and prevent elder abuse