2020 was the fifth year of operation for the Seniors Home Supports Program (SHSP). In navigating changes in staffing and the external environment (such as the pandemic), it is clear the collaborative program has matured and demonstrated resilience through trying times. SHSP recently released its 2020 Evaluation Report. , which shows: Highlights include a high client satisfaction rate (96%), increased emotional supports for clients throughout the pandemic, and more. You can find out more by consulting the full report.
- Clients continue to report high satisfaction with program (96% said they were satisfied)
- Decrease in total intakes, new clients and referrals from 2019 numbers, largely due to the pandemic
- Comparable intake numbers across the six SHSP service districts (ranging from 15% to 18%)
- Coordinators provided increased emotional support during phone calls, as the SHSP clientele is primarily comprised of older adults, the demographic most impacted by the pandemic
- Coordinators spent an increased amount of time contacting service providers, following up regularly to ensure providers were open, following safety recommendations, and maintaining advertised prices